Blackfoot in Education
Welcome to the Blackfoot Communication portal for supporting our communities, powered by Submittable. We have streamlined our application process by using this online portal for community and education applications. If this your first time accessing this Application, you must first create a Submittable account to complete the form (see "Create Your Account" below). Once your Submittable account is created, you can use the same log-in/password account for future requests. If you run into issues setting up your account, please check out the FAQs.
Blackfoot Scholarship Program
Blackfoot looks for ways to invest in the long-term success of our communities and are dedicated to supporting and providing educational opportunities for all ages. That’s why each year, Blackfoot contributes over $75,000 to educational endeavors. Looking back, we have awarded more than half a million dollars in scholarships to students who have pursued their passions and made positive impacts in our local service areas and beyond. Looking ahead, we are excited to see the possibilities the future holds for today’s students.
Our support includes opportunities through several venues:
- Blackfoot Scholarship: As part of our commitment to education, the Blackfoot Scholarship Fund provides academic scholarships for students from within our residential Montana and Idaho service areas. The scholarship program is designed for post-secondary students currently served by Blackfoot at either their parents’ residence or their own principal residence. Scholarship awards range from $500, up to $1,500, based on the Board Trustees' review and recommendations.
DEADLINE: Thursday, March 25, 2021
Other Telecommunications Scholarship Opportunities:
- NTCA Foundation for Rural Services (FRS) Scholarships: The Foundation annually awards scholarships to an exceptional group of rural students for their first year of college or vocational school. Additionally, several named scholarships (see FRS website for entire list) are given to a select group of the over 1,500 applicants. All applicants require sponsorship by an NTCA—The Rural Broadband Association member company (which must commit to a $500 match for each winning student) to be eligible. BLACKFOOT IS YOUR SPONSORING MEMBER COMPANY (#27517). FRS has awarded over $1 million in scholarships since its inception; empowering rural students throughout the country to advance their communities with invaluable skillsets and experiences.
- The 2021 Scholarship Application will be available to Students January 1, 2021; criteria can be found here
- DEADLINE: March 5, 2021
* Chrome is the best internet browser for this platform
* Use a PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESS in lieu of your school email address for the Blackfoot Application
* Have you already set up a Submittable account and want to check on the status and/or correspondence regarding your application? Access your account @ https://givingback.blackfoot.com/login